Re: How to replace battery

I brive a dus wrote:
> Julian typed:
> My method is to clean the interior of smokes, but c'mon - who the hell
> carries alcohol swabs for cleaning the sensing chamber? Another tall
> story I guess.
>

> Alcohol swabs and pads are a MUST (clean any surface before mounting
> equipment)

Just alcohol and a cloth.

> Also make sure you have:
> A handheld vacuum (don't be a piggy in someone else's home or business)

Yes.

> A dropcloth (lay your tools down on them)

Yes. And at drilling points that may cause an
abundance of dirt.  And at the entrance to wipe your feet when you
go out to the van. NEVER work with out your shoes on. If requested
to remove my shoes, I carry shoe booties and take them off if going
to the basement or outdoors. Pain in the butt, but better than
working without ma booots on.

> latex gloves (to prevent marking walls)

You might want to try serving gloves. The type they
use at food catering places. Latex are hard to get on
and off and they make your hands sweat. And just
throw them in the washing machine.

> dustpan and brush (more piggy prevention)

Too much to carry. Just the hand vac does the job ok.

> Drill Doctor (nothing worse than a dull bit)

I sharpen my own brill dits. But you young-uns don't know
how to do that. Anyway, I always have backups and put the
dull ones in the carry-home box to be sharpened. I probably
have brill dits older than you are.

> and shaving cream (spray a tad over the spot you are drilling through
> to prevent dust and catch any possible asbestos)

Do you use After Shave to clean it off?  Sounds kind of messy to me.

Customer: Pardon me Tom, but what are those stains around my,
keypad, motion detector and smoke detector? Mmmmm you smell
good. What kind of after shave do you use? Would I like a shave,
you ask? Well, ummmmm, sure, ummmmm I guess so. Do you
do a Bikini cut?
Tom: Why sure Mrs Haberstrom! If you just step this way and up on
the kitchen table, I'll, get my drywall knife and we'll get right to
it.

But seriously, have you ever tried to clean out a smoke detector
smoke chamber, with a Q-tip and alcohol? It leaves a smeared coating
in the chamber. If you're going to use alcohol, it should be cleaned
with
a brush dipped in liquid alcohol to loosen the coating and then rinsed
under
flowing water. Blow drier it out or if you have time, just let it air
dry.
Using a Q-tip only, may work if there's no, or very little dirt in the
chamber. But if it's got a coating of hair spray or drywall dust or the

like..... a Q-tip just smears it all around.

Bass is bullshitting again.

Catagorize his Q-tip claim along with:
Attention Burglar Go Ahead Make my Day!  programed on a Napco keypad.