Need monitor for focusing/position

Still a greenhorn at this guys. I'm looking for a decent small monitor for
camera focusing/position. I had a 7" lcd but it went crash the other day and
that was that. I don't mind strapping a 9" b&w monitor to the ladder for
ceiling work :-D  but an LCD would obviously be more compact. Methinks a
tube monitor would give better results though. Thoughts, recommendations,
opnions? Thanks.
--
Splat