Re: What's New?

Sheet...tell me about it. It cost me 21 bucks today to send out 3 stinking
certified letters....7+ bucks each!! Cut one lady loose 2 weeks ago, shut
her panel completely down (explained in cert. letter) and never a peep from
her...and she lives in a 2 million dollar house and has 2 Mercedes...yada
yada. Cutting another guy loose in two days for non-payment (5+ months) AND
he switched to VoIP which I told him 38 times wont work with his panel.

Deadbeats...bye bye.

On Feb 27, 8:33?pm, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Yep, I downsized a few years ago. Then sorta semi-retired in a
> sense...sold
> my building, trucks, let almost everyone go...then decided to just be a
> small family business again. Now it's fun again!
>
> Just got rid of an annoying client though. Pissy little moaning boy-man
> client I've had for 17 years. He had me put in a 7845GSM Saturday at a
> price
> HE SET and at a monthly HE SET...fine with me it was reasonable. Saturday
> my
> brother and I got it up and working fine and it still is. BEFORE we
> installed it I told him his 4285 phone module (on VISTA 20P) would not
> work
> nor would any phone features work now that he is HAVING HIS PHONE LINE
> DISCONNECTED and will only report on the GSM. Fine he says. I had told him
> this before as well, but wanted to have a witness that I told him again.
> Fine, thats ok...I would just like you to reprogram my keyfobs for
> ARM -STAY
> (right now they're ARM -AWAY and DISARM. I told him it was easier to
> program
> that remotely and I would do it Monday.
>
> On Monday he starts calling when am I going out there again to program the
> keyfobs ARM - STAY - INSTANT? ....INSTANT???
> So I ask him how many keyfobs do you really have....4....hmmmm; that would
> be 12 zones eaten up by just the keyfobs plus the 7 points. UH OH!....it's
> only a 16 zone receiver. So I give him a price to install a 32 zone
> reciever
> (cheap) and he says...STAY-INSTANT....UH OH...can't do that from a keyfob!
> Sorry. So maybe you want to just re-think this or not do it ?
>
> Long story short...he wants me to go out and remove the 7845GSM +
> reinstall
> the 4285 and give him his money back because it doesnt work...whoa wait
> thats a totally DIFFERENT radio has nothing to do with not being able to
> do
> what it the panel cant do. So he says just get it done...get it done? You
> want me to re-engineer the alarm panel for your needs? If the manufacturer
> says it can be done then it can't. I told him to have his new alarm
> company
> remove my equipment; my new rev 5.2 chip, 7845GSM, transformer and pack it
> up nice and return it to me and then I'll give him his 4285, old rev 2
> chip
> and 400 clams back.
>
> All documented in emails...cause he thinks hes gonna sue me. Sue me? You
> named the price, I installed the GSM, it works, and he paid me (I can
> prove
> it since it sends daily sigs) all the other junk is moot since we didn't
> contract to install or collect any money.
>
> Oh yeah...this man-boy is an non practicing attorney!...yah one of those
> guys whose parents made him go to law school, but he's never practiced.
> [...]

I KNOOOOOOOW watcha mean.!!!!!!!!!

About 5 / 6 years ago, I looked at all my accounts and determined what
area I wanted to cover for service. There are some places around here
that are within 20 miles but take two hours to get to and two hours to
get back. I just can't charge them what it costs me to do a service
charge. So, rather than continuing talking to myself as I'm sitting in
traffic doing a losing service call, I set them free. About 20
accounts fell outside the ring. I called them and told them I'd be
switching their accounts over to someone in there area. I simply gave
the accounts to someone who lives in their areas. Then, I looked at
all the laggards in paying. All those who a few times a year I had to
call and negotiate whether they were going to pay me or not and/or set
up a monthly payment plan, or who were continuously 3 or more months
behind or those that I'd get a "you'll have to speak to my husband"
who would tell me his wife pays the bills or ...... what ever their
habitual problem was and I just dumped them. I sent them a certified
ret receipt letter, that as of ___ days, monitoring service would be
terminated. That was about 40 or so, accounts. Never got ONE call
asking why. Which sorta says something, all in it self.

Now, as I go through the billing, if there's an occasional client that
is late. I write a little note in red on the bill, to try and catch up
with payments and .... it's done. Even with the number of accounts
that I have, Accounts Rec is  running smooth as silk. What a relief.
No more aggravation, telephone calls, threatning letters of
cancelation. Anyone who starts a bad habit gets a certified letter
stating that they are habitually falling behind in payments. If it
continues, they will be charged an increase in their monthly rates to
cover the cost of additional billing and if it is not paid, their
monitoring service will be dropped. On those, I've gotten a few irate
calls about that one, but after they vent, the payments have been on
time. No one cancelled. That sorta says something too.

Getting to old have to worry about whether someone is going to pay
their freakin bill or not. Jeeeeze. Grow up and take responsibility
for your life already! I'm not your mother.