Re: What's New?

Yep, I downsized a few years ago. Then sorta semi-retired in a sense...sold
my building, trucks, let almost everyone go...then decided to just be a
small family business again. Now it's fun again!

Just got rid of an annoying client though. Pissy little moaning boy-man
client I've had for 17 years. He had me put in a 7845GSM Saturday at a price
HE SET and at a monthly HE SET...fine with me it was reasonable. Saturday my
brother and I got it up and working fine and it still is. BEFORE we
installed it I told him his 4285 phone module (on VISTA 20P) would not work
nor would any phone features work now that he is HAVING HIS PHONE LINE
DISCONNECTED and will only report on the GSM. Fine he says. I had told him
this before as well, but wanted to have a witness that I told him again.
Fine, thats ok...I would just like you to reprogram my keyfobs for ARM -STAY
(right now they're ARM -AWAY and DISARM. I told him it was easier to program
that remotely and I would do it Monday.

On Monday he starts calling when am I going out there again to program the
keyfobs ARM - STAY - INSTANT? ....INSTANT???
So I ask him how many keyfobs do you really have....4....hmmmm; that would
be 12 zones eaten up by just the keyfobs plus the 7 points. UH OH!....it's
only a 16 zone receiver. So I give him a price to install a 32 zone reciever
(cheap) and he says...STAY-INSTANT....UH OH...can't do that from a keyfob!
Sorry. So maybe you want to just re-think this or not do it ?

Long story short...he wants me to go out and remove the 7845GSM + reinstall
the 4285 and give him his money back because it doesnt work...whoa wait
thats a totally DIFFERENT radio has nothing to do with not being able to do
what it the panel cant do. So he says just get it done...get it done? You
want me to re-engineer the alarm panel for your needs? If the manufacturer
says it can be done then it can't. I told him to have his new alarm company
remove my equipment; my new rev 5.2 chip, 7845GSM, transformer and pack it
up nice and return it to me  and then I'll give him his 4285, old rev 2 chip
and 400 clams back.

All documented in emails...cause he thinks hes gonna sue me. Sue me? You
named the price, I installed the GSM, it works, and he paid me (I can prove
it since it sends daily sigs) all the other junk is moot since we didn't
contract to install or collect any money.

Oh yeah...this man-boy is an non practicing attorney!...yah one of those
guys whose parents made him go to law school, but he's never practiced.
Idiot boy...I know more about contract law then he ever will.

So he fires me...gotta love it. I feel like a free man after a 17 year bad
marriage.

</rant>