replacing GEM-KEYF Wireless Keyfob Remote

Here is my situation. My neighbors broke one of their two GEM-KEYF
Wireless Keyfob Remotes. The alarm company they originally used is no
longer in business so they want to get a new wireless remote. If I
purchase this for them can it be programed like a universal remote can
be or must they be able to get into the panel. Since the original
company is no longer in business I assume getting the panel code is
not an option.

Thanks for the help.

Steven