Re: Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

racerx90@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Not that I'm sure I can get this derailed conversation/topic back on
> track, but I finally had success in ordering the Stealth Laboratories
> GSM 1650 Cellular Backup (with Uplink Anynet module) unit from ADI.
>
> I was able to get it through a local dealer for ADI who said he'd
> purchase it for me. He was very nice and said he'd help me out (after
> telling him my sob story on Telguard which he also said he doesn't use
> (I'm seeing a pattern here) and uses Uplink instead) and sell it to me
> for the exact inovice cost to him with no markup.
>
> It was ordered last week and it should be arriving sometime this week.
> I believe the exact cost will be around $300+shipping+tax  (I'm told
> that right now it's currently on-sale through ADI who is Steath
> Laboratories main distributor.) It's really not that much more than a
> basic Uplink Anynet for around $200, so it's actually not as bad as I
> originally thought. This might be a good solution for others in a
> similar situation as me.
>
> I just sold my two Telguard TG-4's so I'm committed at this point to
> making this wrork. I'll let everyone know how I make out with the unit
> if there's anyone who's interested.

Keep us apprised of what happens.  Dealing with a reputable Dealer
"locally" is probably the best route for you on this (as I already
mentioned before the thread "wandered" off topic).  I can't see someone
like Bass being able to set up a Telguard unit without providing a
monitoring contract.  I'm sure there are a number of online
Stores/Dealers that are capable of doing so (that aren't restricted by
their jurisdiction to simply "selling parts").

Good Luck!!