Re: Man its frustrating to be in business some days.

"AlarmCo" <sp@xxxxx> wrote in message

> "Bob La Londe" <alarm_wizard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> In some states you can pay the sales tax on the equipment you buy at the
> time of purchase.  That way you don't have to deal with the monthly or
> quarterly disbursements to the state.  That is what I do.  It may cost me
> a few bucks but it is worth it to not have to deal with the state sales
> tax commission.

Wouldn't that be nice.  LOL.  No Az DOR has their own rules for contractors.
Except for retail; parts, and repair service only we have a whole different
set of rules.

We have to pay based on a eprcentage of total cost of the contracted job
regardless of how much is labor and how much is parts.  Its a real pain, and
they have a jack bot mentality, and it always your mistake even when you
show them its theirs, and you can't sue them under state law without
permission from the state, and past expwerience has shown me even if you win
a ruling against a state agency here in tax court they will just disregard
it.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have done some research on different
states and practices before starting a business.  For anybody who has a
choice I sure would not pick Arizona.