omnicron 9000s

I know this is an old system but we've had this it for a while and it
works well enough. Unfortunately, a carpet fitter today went through a
cable and that sent the alarm system off - tamper mode, i assume. I've
repaired/re-joined the cut wire/cable but the alarm control box still
lights up with with various zone faults. i tried resetting the thing
but still no joy. is there anything else i need to do or try to get
this thing working again? eg, do i have to totally power the thing
down again (disconnect battery and mains?)? I suppose it is possible
that there is some other, as yet, unnoticed damage but can't see that
as the work i had done was only done in one room where only a couple
of yards or so of cable were visible. is there some other code that i
need to input or is there something else that i've neglected to
consider?

thanks, and best wishes

mojo