Re: DSC 864 or 1864

The way some companies work is to have the dealer be the "Beta" for the
product. Others do not. In any case the 832 has been out there long enough
so there aren't any surprises left I'd say. When there are problems with
panels, I have had manufacture's engineers fly in to (think) they were going
to tell me how the cow ate the cabbage, but left with their tail between
their legs owing me thousands of dollars in tech time. I am not saying that
was DSC, but I am not saying that wasn't DSC. Having a panel with 27 zones
is not a lot of zones and the 832 can handle that easily. As you know the
832 has 2 partitions with 32 zones. The 1832 has 4/32 and the 1864 has 8/64.
If you need a panel with more partitions consider upgrading. If not then
wait. If you like DSC, you'll be happy to hear it is overhauling its MAXSYS
line. It certainly has more features than the Power Series does. It should
be here in about 2 years.