Re: DSC 864 or 1864

On Feb 6, 2:26 pm, "Roland" <rol...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The way some companies work is to have the dealer be the "Beta" for the
> product. Others do not. In any case the 832 has been out there long enough
> so there aren't any surprises left I'd say. When there are problems with
> panels, I have had manufacture's engineers fly in to (think) they were going
> to tell me how the cow ate the cabbage, but left with their tail between
> their legs owing me thousands of dollars in tech time. I am not saying that
> was DSC, but I am not saying that wasn't DSC. Having a panel with 27 zones
> is not a lot of zones and the 832 can handle that easily. As you know the
> 832 has 2 partitions with 32 zones. The 1832 has 4/32 and the 1864 has 8/64.
> If you need a panel with more partitions consider upgrading. If not then
> wait. If you like DSC, you'll be happy to hear it is overhauling its MAXSYS
> line. It certainly has more features than the Power Series does. It should
> be here in about 2 years.

I might be adding on, so the need for more zones may arrise, so I
think I will move up, to the 864 so I have more room.  And as you said
it's been out for a while, so hopefully I can get one that was the
last version before they dropped it and went to the 1864.  I have to
get a new panel regardless, even if I were to just get another
(updated) 832 because that damn keypad chiming on all the keypads
drives me nutz when I'm trying to sleep!!

Anyone know what the last version produced was on the 864?  A good
vendor to purchase from?  Thanks again!!