Re: Residential 110v Smoke conversion to 12vdc

I would only do it with ahj approval and i would make sure romex is properly
marked to prevent some one in future from running 120 vac back on it.

 I had exact opposite problem on an install i took over after a home owner
threw original installer out  and ended jailed on fraud charges over this
and other customers he riipped off  . idiot installer ran 22 guage wire to
burg panel then tried to hook 120 volt  3 wire smokes to it needless to say
only option i had was to go with 4 wire 12vdc smokes with reverse polarity.