Re: Wiring in Winter

CH®IS wrote:
> "Robert L Bass" wrote...
>> I suppose there's a reason (PVC brittle perhaps?) not to pull cable at
>> such temperatures but why would you want to anyway?
>>

> You'd want to in order to save the lives and property of the people who live
> here in the cold Canadian winter.
>
> In case you've forgotten that end of the business, it's not all about making
> a profit selling parts to people who don't know what to do with them and
> taking trips to Brazil with their hard earned and easily lost money.  It's
> about helping people and making the community you live in a better place to
> live.

Some people think that home construction comes to a stand-still when
Winter comes.  Some people think that homeowners only buy security
systems in the Spring, Summer, and early Fall.  Some people think that
running wire is no longer necessary (or archaic).  Some people think
that a nine year kid can wire up and program a fire alarm panel and
would be qualified to provide technical support to installers and
technicians.  Then again, some people simply think dumb thoughts and are
stupid enough to actually express them in a forum of mostly professionals.