Re: Dual Tech motion detectors with dual relay outputs ?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:56:55 GMT, Frank Olson
<Use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<Hmgzi.83745$fJ5.16416@pd7urf1no>:

>Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> Have a look at this UK Detector
>>> http://www.pyronix.com/tmd15/TMD/literature/TMDLeafletWeb.pdf
>>
>> That looks like the ideal solution.  I'll see
>> if it's available in the US if you like, Marc.
>>

>Actually it *is* available (in Canada at least).  You can email me for
>the details, Marc.

Frank and Robert. Thank you both. It is indeed what I asked for.

Question remains whether what I asked for was actually what I need,  or the
result of knowing just enough to ask the wrong question ;-) See my response
to Jim.

The Pyronix TMD 15 (Two-Movement Detector) referenced can be set up with
"interdigitated field of view". Their literature also refers to " 2
non-overlapping detectors in 1 robust housing" which I would not have
interpreted correctly. The term "interdigitated" and the explanatory
diagram provided make it clear that all three detectors (PIR + uWave and
second PIR ) are aimed at the same volume of space but measure different
portions of it. This is different from  two non-contiguous,
"non-overlapping" detectors in my mind.

Thanks again ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org