Re: Dual Tech motion detectors with dual relay outputs ?

Thanks Robert,

The Visonic K-980D would seemingly work too -- assuming that the specifics
of how to access the LED and its mode of powering are amenable to the hack.
I'd use the first blink of the green LED to trigger a monostable timer to
actuate a relay for a few seconds. That relay would provide the output of
the "occupancy" detector.  The factory relay would provide the "intrusion"
detector.

If I were to use two physically separate motion detectors (PIR and Dual
Tech), am I correct in assuming that -- all else equal -- a Quad PIR would
provide fewer falses than a Dual PIR with almost as quick a response? If
the detector has to scratch its head for much more than a second or so,
it's not an improvement over what I've already tried and rejected.

I've been working on this lighting path project ("Lighting Vectors") off
and on for 7-8 years. Time to get it done ...

With the renewed emphasis on daylight harvesting and energy conservation
one would think that a dual output model (occupancy and intrusion) would be
commercially available. Of course that would mean acknowledging limitations
of dual tech sensors ;-) What am I missing here ?

... Marc

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:29:12 GMT, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <IC2yi.1012$4K6.905@trnddc02>:

>Hi Marc,
>
>If you don't mind tapping the LED circuit that's probably going to be your
best bet other than separate detectors.  Rokonet is not
>the only brand with separate LEDs for PIR, µWave and alarm.
>
>Visonic's K-980D has an LED indicator that you might find more useful. The
green LED flashes to indicate PIR trip and comes on