Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > And unlike a real central station wasn't
> > licensed, UL listed and had no backup
> > site...
>
> No central station in CT was licensed.
> You're wrong about backup too.  We
> weren't UL Listed but then neither were
> most central stations.  In fact, the only
> UL listed station at the time in greater
> Hartford was not UL listed for burglar
> alarms -- only for fire.

That I suppose says something for the quality of service in CT

> Now you're actually saying what a good
> job these idiots did sending the cops to
> the wrong address because they're too
> cheap to do daily tests and monitor Caller
> ID.  Unbelievable!

that has nothing to do with being cheap, they did the job they were supposed
to do and with or without daily tests and caller ID the outcome would have
been the same

I can imagine what it would have been like if your central station had
handled it

"Zzzzz...wha..? Honey the receiver didn't wake me up again!"

"Hey, the damn dog fell asleep on the peizo...no wonder"

"This phone number looks odd doesn't it? I'll check our records"

"HONEY WHERE'S THE ROLODEX?"

"NO ITS NOT ON THE DESK! I TOLD YOU NEVER TO MOVE IT, IT'S ALL OUR RECORDS!"

"Heck this alarm is over an hour old anyway...oh well.....Zzzzzz"