Re: Thoughts on my commercial AC (copper) alarm idea

> What if I placed a security light motion detector
> and modify it to include a Siren that will blast
> when the light is on. (30 sec)   The area to be
> monitor is inside a fence with the copper part
> facing the building with just enough room for a
> person to walk between. I could mount sensor
> on building and point it at an angle to where it
> only monitor the area between the unit and the
> building.
>
> Anytime it sensed someone in that area the
> bell and the light would come on.
>
> You guys think this would work?

If you use a detector that's designed for outdoor
use it should work.  Paradox makes a DG-85
outdoor motion detector that I've used on my own
jobs with decent results.  If it's pointed at a fairly
stable (not moving) background) it won't false.

Bells are not used much any more.  Mount a loud
siren high enough on the building that it can't be
reached.  Use an inexpensive alarm system like
the Napco P816 and set it to ring for no more than
4-5 minutes and then reset.

Installing these systems is pretty simple, especially
with only one "zone" (sensor circuit).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass