Re: pc based security intrusion and camera system

I hate to break it to you, but the technology used in most alarm
systems hasn't changed much in 35 years.  It is simply lagging because
of attitudes such as yours.  The newer PoE devices are so far advanced
over what existed 10 years ago, you can't even begin to compare.  So,
legacy...yes.

While I agree that a alarm control panel is probably more reliable,
that due to the fact that the features are much more limited.
You can keep your attitude that PC/LAN based systems are not the way
to go, but you will find yourself out of a job in 10 years.

I would suggest you take a look at the IP based video system coming
out now and get with the times.  We run one that hasn't been down in
over 100 days due to redundant power and solid configuration.

Sure, PC based systems aren't 100% reliable, but a 1 speed bicycle is
probably more reliable than a car.  Do you still ride around on a 1
speed bicycle.

I didn't think so.