pc based security intrusion and camera system

Hi all.

I have been looking for a PC software based intrusion detection system
with the following features.  So far, there is nothing I have found in
existence that will do this.  Does any one have any suggestions?

I have looked at x10 stuff, but it doesn't seem to quite do what I
want.

Here are my requirements.  I think I have solutions for everything
except maybe #2, but maybe there is something out there I haven't
found yet.:

1.  PC software based system. Computer will act as central monitoring,
storage and communication system

2.  PC will support an external device that will allow legacy motion
detectors, glass breakage detectors, door open detectors to be
connected to the device, which in turn plugs into the PC via USB cable
or similar cable.  Thus, the external device can detect if a motion
detector is triggered and send a signal to the PC.  (This is to
alleviate the need to rewire an entire house that has a legacy alarm
system).  It seems it wouldn't be that hard to build something like
this that receives signals and passes them on to the PC.  I guess
another options would be to use all wireless devices that communicate
over IP, but using legacy alarm devices would be much cheaper since
they are already in many homes/businesses.

3.   If PC receives a signal /trigger from the device, it can act on
that signal based on programmed events.  E.g., if PC receives signal
that door is opened, the computer can be programmed to send signal to
remote device (e.g., x10 device) to turn on certain lights or send an
email to a specified email address.

4.   PC should also be able to record IP video, but we wil probably
use something such as www.milestonesys.com to handle this function.
However, it would be nice if the PC detects an intrusion it could also
ensure that the camera is recording that event so that it can be
remotely viewed.

5.  Using the PC, a user can remotely access the system from any PC in
the world  if the user is notified of a problem, and the user can view
the cameras or event logs to see what caused the trigger.

It seems that in 2007 this isn't that difficult to do, but as I
mentioned nothing seems to exist to handle this.

I appreciate any suggestions.