Re: AC Smoke interconnection

"Norm Mugford" <1alarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d_Jui.1837$eO1.722@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:nEJui.19281$J13.4369@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> AHJ's know little to nothing about the technical
>>> end of thangs...they just sorta almost maybe
>>> interpret the code...sorta maybe.
>>
>> Olson is totally wring about this.  He doesn't live
>> in the US, much less work here.  He's not even
>> an installer.
>>
>> As to AHJ's, as I'm sure you know, they vary
>> considerably.  I've worked with some very
>> knowledgeable inspectors and a few real dolts.
>> Regardless, you want to do the job right and in
>> accordance with code and good trade practices.
>> Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would not
>> recommend connecting an unsupervised circuit
>> to a fire alarm zone.  Considering all the noise
>> some of these folks here make about "liability"
>> issues, it's amazing anyone would even suggest
>> it, especially a state official who ought to know
>> better.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robert L Bass
>>
>> =============================>
>> Bass Home Electronics
>> 941-925-8650
>> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
>> Sarasota · Florida · 34233
>> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
>> =============================> Mr. BAss wrote:
>
>    "it's amazing anyone would even suggest
>     it, especially a state official who ought to know
>     better".
>
> You lie Mr. BAss, you lie.

Oh, really?  Which is it then?  You're not a state official or you don't know better?

> I did not recommend or suggest anything......
> I wrote "The only one I know of" .

That is not *all* you wrote.  Google is your enemy.
Here's what you said:

> "The only one I know of, that is a complete
> UL approved unit, is the Gentex 9120F 120
> vac/9vdc Photoelectric smoke alarm with piezo.
> It has a pair of wires for an external alarm system."

The implication was that the unit is UL
approved for the purpose.  You even
stated that the unit has wires "for an
external alarm system."

Of course, you were completely wrong.  The unit
is not designed or listed for use with an alarm
system.

So please explain what the lie was.  We all know
that you are a state official.  We all now know that
you didn't know the facts.  From the way you
type my name we also know that you have the
social development of a 9-year old.  It truly is
amazing that a state official could be so immature,
so totally lacking in knowledge and so incredibly
dishonest.

Well, no.  I take that back.  It's not at all surprising
that a state official is so dishonest.  Your immaturity
and stupidity, however, are a bit beyond the norm.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass