Re: AC Smoke interconnection

I had a commercial  customer whose insurance company was insisting that they
have the fire sprinkler system connected to the existing burglar alarm
system, a DSC 5010 (less than a 100 heads so monitoring wasn't a code
requirement). I told them that we couldn't do that as the panel isn't listed
for that use and we would have to submit plans for a separate Fire alarm
control panel. The customer came back and said that the insurance company
told them that it wasn't necessary to submit plans and that it was
acceptable to connect it to the existing panel and suggested that perhaps I
was just engaged in a "make work" project (don't waste your breath RLB) . I
told them to have the insurance company put it in writing (we still wouldn't
have done it) and suggested they call the local Fire Dept. and building
dept. to get their opinion. I never heard back from them.

Doug.