Re: Quality Ademco Engineering

On Apr 15, 6:53 pm, "Seccon1" <secc...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please see compatible list/ Non compatible list on web link My Webtech at
> the Honeywell Security website.
>
> Nomen is wrong, it is all there in a list, Please use it as it was put there
> for you.
>
> as to the recall we actually had a field fix but did not like trusting it to
> field personnel so we changed the boards.
> Remember please we did not sun set the analog service, your Congress did.
> And to help with the problem with offer a rebate for the old units as well
> as competitive products
>
> It may interest you to know that on a national Beta test that ended 2 weeks
> ago, another GSM product was shipped to dealers all over the country. Of the
> 75 units shipped, less than half were installed and registered as the
> dealers agreed they would.
>
> Wonder how many "Beta" products are just sitting around in stock rooms and
> basements.
>
> But then everyone wants it sooner, and they do not want any problems once
> they get it.
>
> I guess Nomen flipped my switch as every day I and my team members receive
> calls from many folks that don't care enough to even read a manual and feel
> they are just entitled to be walked through whatever, and then want to abuse
> us when lack of preparation on their part causes an issue. I drive to
> jobsites and training appointments every weekday, typically 4 days (and
> nights) out each week and the guys that put this stuff in on the vast
> majority have no previous training or even entry level education to prepare
> them for the job. The I read here how it is the manufacturer's fault.<

Easy there rhino your department is very much appreciated here in my
neck of the woods, and anyone from your company who has ever visited
my office can attest to being treated with the utmost of respect and
gratitude.

Your comment about reading the manuals is amusing though. The manuals
are authored by ENGINEERS and the language used would make the
Professor from Gilligan's Island punch drunk. After 5 minutes of
thumbing through a Vista manual I'm usually fatigued from reading how
many jellywatts, ohmtags, and jigavolts are needed to remove the
carbon from the valves on a partially passive ionic defibrulating
oscillator when using 46/13 semi insulted, 1/4 shielded, unswept cable
in an enviroment with humidity levels greater than that of an open air
stadium in Tibet on an overcast morning in May of any leap year but
less than that of the armpits belonging to a 56yr old hobo traveling
southbound on a Greyhound bus in Alabama during the Pecan Festival.
Write them in English and then you won't receive as many calls.

> Guess I will catch some grief for responding but hey, I have writen the
> truth about how I feel. <

What grief are you going to catch? You have a right to your opinion
and tough shit on anyone who doesn't agree with you.