Re: share account #

On Apr 12, 9:09?pm, "Mark Leuck" <m..le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Apr 12, 9:20?am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> > The issue wouldn't be so much the signals banging into each other at the
> > reciever...reciever can deal with that.
>
> > First...I wouldn't do it with a fire system.
>
> > But, I have done it with large homes where it was impractical or
> impossible
> > to run the main house and the barn (1/4 mile away) on the same system, so
> > put a monster system in the main house and a baby system in the barn. The
> > house uses zones 5-40, and the barn uses zones 1-5...report in same format
> > to same account# and make notes in CS zoning where sigs are coming from.
> > Problem: which system fails to test?, which system is sending AC fail or
> > low battery? Welp, if your CS has CID ability on signals you could tell if
> > the barn and main house were on different phone lines.
>
> > Kinda funky way of doing things for owner that doesn't want to pay for two
> > accounts.
>
> > The solution is simple.
> > Use 4/2 format.
>
> Instead of making compromises like that just use 2 account numbers, I hate
> it when 2 systems are set like this- Hide quoted text -

How would you know if no one told you? You'd have no idea if the
signals were coming from one or five differnt panels.

I've got an account with three alarm panels in three seperate
buildings, each calling out on different telephone lines, all
reporting to one account number. It's all 4/2 format and the alarms
are reported as ....3/1 front door building one. 5/1Motion detector
building three. etc. Supervisory codes for low battery, 8D, 8E and 8F.
AC loss is 9D, 9E and 9F and so on. Central doesn't have to be
concerned about how many panels or phone lines or locations. It just
reports the signals as what I've told them to report. If there were
fire panels, I'd do the same thing with them except with two descrete
telephone lines to each panel. It's ok to report both fire and burg on
the same account number, last time I checked. It's public utility so
there'd be no problem getting as many lines as needed.

This is a perfect use for 4/2 formating. The best thing about it is, I
collect for three monitored accounts.