Re: C & K 238 Programming Mode question

On Apr 12, 12:35=EF=BF=BDpm, "Cindy" <cindyane...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 1:59 pm, "alarman" <alarman2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Cindy wrote:
> > > I cancelled as I wanted to try out an Internet based monitoring
> > > company.
>
> > Perhaps they can provide the service you need. Call them and tell them =
you
> > need them to come out and default/reprogram your panel.
> > js
>
> Well that is a big limitation of the Internet monitoring company -
> they don't do house calls. =A0If someone can tell me how to reset the
> panel then I could re-build it back up from scratch (at least I hope I
> could).
>
> I suppose my alternative is to try the access codes one at a time from
> 0000 to 9999 - but that seems like a LOT of work. =A0And that assumes
> they are 4 digits long. =A0I thought I saw somewhere in the installation
> manual that they could be 5 digits.

Your other alternative is to pay for monitoring and service through a
local company ...... then you wouldn't have anything like this to
worry about.

It's not called Murphy's law. It's called ..... trying to get
something for nothing and then finding out that you don't get
something for nothing.

This doesn't justify your old alarm company holding back on your
codes, but even if you had them, it's very likely that you'd mess up
the program because you don't know what your doing. If you'd like to
pursue it, you could see an attorney, but you'd have to pay more than
it would cost for a replacement panel.

You might want to eat crow and ask your old company to start
monitoring you again if they'll come out and reset your panel for
free.

Only you can know how far you want to pursue this.