Re: C & K 238 Programming Mode question

On Mar 31, 4:58 pm, "alarman" <alarman2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Cindy wrote:
> > I am trying to get into programming mode on my C&K 238 panel with
> > Alpha keyboard.  The panel was originally supplied by AAA - but since
> > I cancelled monitoring they don't seem to want to help me out.
>
> > I have the System 238 Installation Manual & noticed it says that the
> > panel must be in the disarmed state prior to entering programming
> > mode.
>
> > My keypad display is showing   Ready To Arm   System Trouble and when
> > I press the # key - Connection Fail - which I take is because I no
> > longer have monitoring in place.
>
> > I tried the default installer code of  012345*01#  but when I hit the
> > * key it came back with  invalid pin.
>
> > I'm guessing that means AAA changed the installer code to something
> > else - but also wondered if I have to clear out the 'Connection Fail'
> > before I can get into programming mode.
>
> > Any tips on how to proceed?
>
> > Thanks, Cindy
>
> If you have performed as per the original agreement with AAA, then call them
> and ask them to set the installer code to default. If you have defaulted on
> your contract, you will have to make good or don't expect the alarmco to
> provide you any service. Why did you cancel your monitoring service?
> js- Hide quoted text -

I cancelled as I wanted to try out an Internet based monitoring
company.

Typical Murphy's law - my kids began playing around with the alarm
last night & now they seem to have changed my owners code.
... And of course they can't recall what they set it to!!!

After I stop screaming at them I'll try unplugging the power & battery
to see if it might reset to the default master code.