Re: Recomendations for house alarm system

>He wanted cameras but he's concerned that they'll just take the cameras
> >and besides, there's no place to put the DVR and the cost would be
> >prohibitive

The Video Jet 40 is small enough to put nearly anywhere, and cheap enough
too. It works with a standard web browser.
http://www.boschsecurity.us/ip/encoders.aspx?pageid=238
The environmentally hardened VideoJet X40 features DVD-like quality MPEG-4
video, at up to 25/30 FPS (at 2CIF) or 12/15 FPS (at 4CIF) over IP networks.
Designed for extreme conditions and with a USB port to drive future
peripherals, the video can be received and displayed with VIDOS video
management software, Bosch Video Management System, a standard web browser
or Bosch's hybrid DVR, DiBos.