Re: Recomendations for house alarm system

On Apr 10, 9:12?pm, "Russell Brill" <russwbr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Get more dogs......... :-))

Speaking of dogs, I have builder who is building himself a new home.
Here in the NE, when you live near the water, the requirements are
that you install, hurricane proof windows, which are much more
expensive than standard windows. Well the builder poured the
foundation and installed his basement windows. Shortly thereafter, he
found that all the basement windows had been broken. He replaced them
and they were broken again. He's also had some other vandalism. He's
installed lighting and installed an 8 foot chain link fence. The
windows were broken again. Now he's concerned that when he reaches the
point that his $75,000.00 worth of hurricane windows are installed,
they'll find them a special challange. He intends to board them up
from the outside but he's concerned that they'll get into the house
and try to break them from the inside. He wanted me to install some
motion detectors and a voice siren with the standard message, "police
have been called" etc but I told him that after a couple of time with
no police showing up they'd be back. He wanted cameras but he's
concerned that they'll just take the cameras and besides, there's no
place to put the DVR and the cost would be prohibitive.

I was trying to think of something that would keep them out of the
house. So, I bought three of the Visonic speech processor modules and
went on line and downloaded some sound bytes of barking dogs. I got
some pretty good ones with chains draging and with my audio program
I've been able to get three different sounding barking dogs going
through 30watt speakers, each powered by a 2.5A power supply. I figure
with these being tripped by 4 or five Crow outdoor motion detectors
through a triggered time delay, sounding in an empty house, it's going
to sound pretty good.

The only problem with this is that it will certainly work if they get
into the yard and trip the motion detectors. But if they throw stones
at the house and the "dogs" don't respond, it'll kind of look
suspicious.

Anyone know of any device that could trip on sound alone?

I've got to get this thing completed soon. I'm driving my wifes cat,
crazy ..... not to mention the dirty looks from my wife.