Re: Check 70 Trouble

Well that's kinda what I meant...I guess you could supervise the 4" piece of
wire going to the siren driver...but I doubt you could supervise a speaker
without damage to something.

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
|> speaker? ... i don't think you can supervise a speaker
|
| You can, but that's not the purpose of the EOL or the jumper on that
panel.  The output is 12VDC.  Hook it directly to a speaker and
| you'll probably just ruin the speaker.  ABIK, the Vista-10SE should only
be used with a siren, strobe or bell since there's no
| on-board siren driver.
|
| Occasionally people get confused about supervision when using separate
siren driver and horn (speaker).  In that case the EOL can be
| installed across the bell output terminals (3 & 4 in the Vista-10SE).  The
speaker itself does not get an EOL resistor.

| For clarity, some siren drivers provide a speaker supervision output.
Usually it's a low current trigger that goes low (sinks