Re: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

> The firmware is the large chip. The eprom chip is the small 8 pin chip which contains all the programming information.
>
> Napco, Ademco, DSC, as well as many others generally use the same type of configuration. As long as I don't screw around with the
> firmware chip, there is no copyright infringment. The eprom on the other hand, has no such copyright protection under the law.

Erasing or over-writing the parameters in the EEPROM chip is not copyright infringement.  You can not copyright expressions like "30
seconds."  (it doesn't even include the word, "thirty")

It's a nuisance lawsuit designed to intimidate.  They know they have no case.  However, this is Texas so be careful if when you show
up you hear someone whisper, "Git a rope!"  :^)