Re: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

I removed access to their manuals after the second letter. You can't
just cave in to all their silly demands.

As far as the copyright infringment, they really have no case. I don't
fiddle with their firmware chip at all, which I agree is copyrighted. I
just plug in the Arrowhead DCU670 programmer, or any serial eprom
programmer onto the board, and presto! You are in programming. It took
me awhile to figure out all the programming locations, but I violated no
law doing so. In the case of totally locked out panels, I can't help it
if Brinks is stupid enough the use the customer's a*****t number as a
lockout code. If all else fails, I use a $10 eprom eraser to wipe the
eprom chip clean. Again, I violated no copyright laws doing so.

They can huff and puff all they like.

Jim Rojas