Re: Brinks Home Security files Civil Suit against Jim Rojas & www.tech-man.com

The firmware is the large chip. The eprom chip is the small 8 pin chip
which contains all the programming information.

Napco, Ademco, DSC, as well as many others generally use the same type
of configuration. As long as I don't screw around with the firmware
chip, there is no copyright infringment. The eprom on the other hand,
has no such copyright protection under the law.

Jim Rojas