Re: Why?

Drywallers aren't lazy. They are under a tight schedule to get their task
completed. By eliminating the need to watch out for the alarm wires actually
saves them time, and you the frustration of finding cut, pinched or buried
wires. In the long run, you will find that since you are taking steps to
eliminate mistakes on both sides, they in turn may be more sensitive to your
needs.

Jim Rojas