Re: Dream system to monitor new driver?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:32:08 GMT, G. Morgan <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 06:47:00 GMT, "Roland Moore" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>Instead of recording locally with a DVR, maybe look into using a video
>>encoder (Bosch or Verint or Axis) and send it wirelessly via Internet back
>>to your place. You'll get real time and recorded video.
>

>They need to be line-of-sight, won't work in a car.

You don't always need line of sight for wireless video.  In areas
where there is a city-wide WiFi network, you could use that.  In fact
there is an 802.11x standard being developed specifically for mobile
applications. That's how some jurisdictions are sending video to
police cars and cops using PDA's in places like Seal Beach, CA.  In
areas where there is highspeed cellular interent access, theoretically
you could use a Bosch VIP module, Verint Smartsight, or probably Axis
(mnever used them) to convert video to IP.  An alternative would be to
use IP cameras.  You would then have to use an highspeed aircard to
get the video on the network.  I've never attempted this, so I'm
unsure if it would work.