Dream system to monitor new driver?

Build a computer and mount in the trunk of the car.  Have a 4-channel
DVR with one or more cameras.

Problems:
1. Have the computer boot up when power is on via DC/AC inverter.  How
do you set so the motherboard boots up when power is applied without
having to push the "on" button?

2. Once the computer booted up. I would auto run the DVR software and
assume start recording to the hard drive.  When the driver shut of the
car at the end of the trip, we would loose power and the computer would
died which would corrupt the video file.  I need a way to stop the DVR
gracefully after the engine is off.

Thanks