Re: Using garage door safety beams

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:53:46 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Its a perfect solution, they work great. Just put a sock over it when you're
>working in the garage, or something to block it's view.

I ended up buying an el cheapo motion detector for $20 and it seems to
be working great.  I mounted the detector just inside the garage door
and it just covers the doorway.  I can move around in the garage all
the way back to the back wheels of the cars before it goes off but
anyone crossing the threshold at the door sets it off.  I'll have to
see how long batteries last (3 AAAs).

Thanks,
Les