Re: COMM failed status of Fire Alarm 8000 series

"albertleng" <albertleng@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de news:
1157724029.690052.194260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi.
>
> I'm working on a VB programming project (residing in PC) which needs to
> receive data from a Fire Alarm 8000 series via RS232 and all the data
> received need to be converted to MODBUS addresses.
>
> The Fire Alarm 8000 series will not send anything to the RS232
> connected to my VB programming unless there's an event like Technical
> Alarm, fire in a zone, fault and reset. I manage to capture all these
> different events and convert them to MODBUS protocol addresses
> respectively.
>
> One of our customer's requirements is that whenever the Fire Alarm 8000
> series is disconnected from RS232 port of my PC, my VB program will be
> able to capture it and set the relevant bit in MODBUS addresses. This
> can't be done because as i wrote earlier, the fire alarm wont write
> anything to the RS232 as long as nothing happens. So, disconnecting
> Fire Alarm 8000 series from my PC is the same as "nothing happens".
>
> Does someone have any idea which my VB program can know when the fire
> alarm is disconnected from the RS232 port of the PC?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Albert

cant you try to make the alarm panel send an event on a regular basis like
every minute?

this would be considered as a keep alive event and the lack of it after a
set amount of time would create the trouble you need?