Re: low voltage smoke/carbon monoxide combo?

Agreed. Here's a link to the PDF with the new code:
http://www.doli.state.mn.us/pdf/bcs_co_detectors_joint_memo_july06.pdf

Says they will have to be within 10 feet of each room lawfuly used for
sleeping purposes.

I've seen plenty of battery and hardwired (120v) combos, but no low
voltage.

Oh well.