Re: Using garage door safety beams

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 05:33:22 GMT, Frank Olson
<Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It seems to me that the beams are usually mounted too low for accurate
>detection (you may pick up a stray cat or dog nosin' about).  I'd
>suggest going with an actual beam detector or one of those chime units
>you see being used in many retail store entrances.

Granted, it's not a strong security application but I think it would
suit my need.  Although the beam could easily be avoided by somebody
trying to be stealthy, I think the beam would be pretty effective on
the neighborhood kids who might wander in just to see what's
available.

Thanks,
Les