Re: Press "1" for English

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0LudnYWkfNxtwd_YnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > You don't get choices like that in any
> > other country...at least not the ones
> > I've been to. You learn the language
> > of the country, sink or swim.
>
> Sure you do.  Canadian firms frewquently

I told you that you shouldn't post while you are on drugs, your slurring
your words!

> What amazes me is that there are people dumb >as Cracker who think this is
a problem for them.  >It goes to show how ignorant he is.

You didn't take time to ask him what countries he has been to. He
specifically said in his post, "at least not the ones I've been to." We
should start calling you "quick draw."

Having a travel agency, I have had the good fortune to travel quite
extensively. The general population of most foreign speaking countries
either do not or choose to not speak english. Businesses that want to do
business with english speaking companies will make the effort. Although
english is taught in most schools, between their culture and the fact that
they leave school at a very early age, what little english they have learned
leaves them quickly when they never have the opportunity to leave their
communitys. The kids, still in school, will speak in english, if asked to,
and even translate for their parents. I can just see you down there trying
to talk to all the little boys of Brazil. By the way, why is it that you
never responded back to me when I posted to you in Portuguese? You staying
at an all english compound down there, and haven't learned the language?
Letting your wife do all the translating? Hey hey hey, we're back to some
good ole kicks and giggles or do you have me back on ignore already? :o]