Re: Press "1" for English

G. Morgan wrote:
> Called Nextel/Sprint 411 for a phone number.  The first thing the
> recording says is "press '1' for English".
>
> Why the flock do I have to press *anything* to get an English speaker?

Probably for the same reason why "Cantonese" is "2" on the queue for
Shaw Cable and "French" is "3"...  It's the fur-in-ohrs, Otis.  They's
takin' ovah.

> What country is this?

Brazil?

> When are you bastards going to stop electing
> officials that are giving the USA away?

My understanding is that "they're" buying and "you're" selling.  I don't
think anyone's givin' anything away except for them guys over at the
Ademco counter (and I hardly think free screwdrivers means the
end-of-all-things-as-we-know-it).

> I'm not a Bush fan by any
> means, but today he signed the Fence Act, the first sign of
> ballseyness since he decided to kill 2000+ US troops for no reason.

There's quite a few Canadian, British, Spanish, and Italian personnel
too (to name a few more countries).  The reason for going to Iraq was
all a sham, but now that we're there, let's show them just how much
worse a democratically elected President can screw things up.

> And while I'm at it, the terrorists HAVE won:

<snip>

Not on your Nelly they haven't.  We've just deployed some additional
"security devices" to ensure we don't get "robbed".  Don't you "upgrade"
your security system when a weakness becomes apparent??