Re: Press "1" for English

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:03:47 GMT, Frank Olson
<Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>> Called Nextel/Sprint 411 for a phone number.  The first thing the
>> recording says is "press '1' for English".
>>
>> Why the flock do I have to press *anything* to get an English speaker?

Post editing is not nice, Frank.

>Probably for the same reason why "Cantonese" is "2" on the queue for
>Shaw Cable and "French" is "3"...  It's the fur-in-ohrs, Otis.  They's
>takin' ovah.

And we're lettin' um.

>> What country is this?
>
>Brazil?

Good God.

>> When are you bastards going to stop electing
>> officials that are giving the USA away?
>
>My understanding is that "they're" buying and "you're" selling.  I don't
>think anyone's givin' anything away except for them guys over at the
>Ademco counter (and I hardly think free screwdrivers means the
>end-of-all-things-as-we-know-it).

I think it's more the Mexicoons are stealin' and we're tuning the
other cheek.  I'm so sick of far leftie liberals like bAss saying it's
OK for them to break the to come over here for a better life.  On the
same token I sick of far right GOP's ignoring the problem because they
want their lawns mowed cheaply.  No increase for the minimum wage in a
decade, it's $5.35 per hour here in the US a wage no one can live on.
Yet-->  GOP Members of Congress (whom have voted down numerous bills
increasing the minimum wage)  in the same time period have voted
themselves pay raises totaling close to 24% from 1996 to 2006.  The
salary for a congressman in 1996 was $133,600, today it's $165,200.
The GOP majority thinks they can act impuntatively, they are in for a
huge wake-up call in a few days.

>> I'm not a Bush fan by any
>> means, but today he signed the Fence Act, the first sign of
>> ballseyness since he decided to kill 2000+ US troops for no reason.
>
>There's quite a few Canadian, British, Spanish, and Italian personnel
>too (to name a few more countries).  The reason for going to Iraq was
>all a sham,

That's another thing that burns me up, Bush boldly LIED to the
American citizens about the reasons for invading Iraq.  Now the one
who really was working on WMD's, HAS THEM AND TESTED THEM.  Thanks,
Bush -- I'm sure your daddy is proud.

>but now that we're there, let's show them just how much
>worse a democratically elected President can screw things up.

That's just plain stupid.  That's like those jerks saying stuff like
"thank God Bush was in office during 9/11", implying Gore would have
sent Afganastan a dozen roses and a box of chocolates.

>> And while I'm at it, the terrorists HAVE won:
>
><snip>
>
>Not on your Nelly they haven't.  We've just deployed some additional
>"security devices" to ensure we don't get "robbed".  Don't you "upgrade"
>your security system when a weakness becomes apparent??

Huh?

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)