Re: contact window

I've never had a warranty issue with windows...ever....only brought it up
because it's been mentioned.

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|> Your method looks like it removes the
| > weather strip in the area the mag is
| > in and removes the area of the flange...
| > you don't think that's gonna void the
| > warranty too?
|
| NO.  I've done it that way for many years without any hassles from
manufacturers.  They get bent out of shape if you drill the sash
| though.  Before Sentrol (now called GE Security) came out with rare earth
magnets we used to lay a 1/4" bar magnet on it's side in
| the groove of the bottom rail.  That required cutting out 1.5" of the
weather strip and that never even raised an eyebrow.

| > Besides I was talking about putting a 3/8"
| > super magnet in that space vertically (or
| > at least trying to) not flat.
|
| The button shaped magnets are fine for this.  The longer ones have to be
laid horizontally but that will require removing more of