Re: contact window

> Your method looks like it removes the
> weather strip in the area the mag is
> in and removes the area of the flange...
> you don't think that's gonna void the
> warranty too?

NO.  I've done it that way for many years without any hassles from manufacturers.  They get bent out of shape if you drill the sash
though.  Before Sentrol (now called GE Security) came out with rare earth magnets we used to lay a 1/4" bar magnet on it's side in
the groove of the bottom rail.  That required cutting out 1.5" of the weather strip and that never even raised an eyebrow.

> Besides I was talking about putting a 3/8"
> super magnet in that space vertically (or
> at least trying to) not flat.

The button shaped magnets are fine for this.  The longer ones have to be laid horizontally but that will require removing more of
the weather strip.  That's why I like the smaller ones.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics