Re: Disabling a Factory Car Alarm (1995 Toyota Corolla)

In article <c8249$453cea3d$44a4a10d$3922@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	   rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom "Ray O" writes:

> Even without the remote, the factory alarm should be disarmed by unlocking
> one of the front doors with the key.  If opening one of the front doors with
> the key does not disarm the alarm, then check the switch connected to the
> lock cylinder for continuity.

Ray, just a "FWIW" bit of info...

I haven't yet been in the situation where my Prius has needed to
be unlocked using the mechanical key instead of the remote; and
it is now dark+wet outside, so going and experimenting... well,
forgive my reluctance. <g>  But...  Handbook and sales-bod gave
me to understand the alarm would go off if doors were locked by
the remote (and hence the alarm was set) but unlocked by the key.
(This can happen if, say, the fob battery fails.)  It would shut
up once the fob was inserted into the fob dashboard recess.  This
may be the Coming Thing, given Toyota's new way of handling user
validation (ie, as in Prius & IIRC Yaris).

(Will _try_ to remember to check this, next time I can.)
--
Andrew Stephenson