Re: Where to place smokes/heat?

There are set standards for smoke detector locations and how they are to be
powered set by the life safety code. The amount of smokes you mentioned, the
way they operate and their locations sound like they meet the code.
Monitoring of these devices are a bonus and heat sensors should not be used
in place of smoke detectors in these locations. ADT representatives should
have known this and if they suggest replacement, deletion and/or relocation,
you might want a second opinion from another company. In a fire situation,
smoke is the killer and besides, your insurance company is aware of the Life
Safety Code.