Re: Suggest for placement of ADT/Ademco wireless window sensors

<canyonblue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> if you read my first post i made clear that i have talked to FOUR
> different alarm installers (of which ADT is one, the other 3 are highly
> recommended Chicago locals) and all FOUR had difficulty explaining how
> they would attempt to install the window contacts (three incuding ADT
> recommended wireless sensors but had little suggestions for how to
> avoid either putting my blinds out of place or putting the sensor dead
> center on the window pane and the other suggested drilling my new vinyl
> windows since "it won't void the warranty, we promise" despite my
> telling them i called the window manufacturer.)
>
> this wasn't an "ADT problem" it was a problem with the sales folks at
> numerous companies, all of which CAME TO MY HOUSE, and still couldn't
> explain how they could avoid major aesthetic issues with 22 windows.

If you use wireless transmitters on your windows, and the blinds are in the
way, the transmitters will either be mounted on the the window frame as you
mentioned, or outside the blinds making them visible. What do you expect the
installers to do? Do a little magic trick just for you?
Doug already gave you the best solution. Stop whining, will ya?
js