Re: ADT alarm

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>Having a Non-monitored alarm is like having
>>Dish Network without any F-----G Channels
>>programmed into the box...
>

> That argument assumes that monitoring service will actually deter the thief or enable the homeowner to obtain police, fire or
> medical response in a timely manner.  In many instances that is indeed the case, but not always.  Some rural homes are so far from
> police patrols that might not help with burglary.  Even in some densely populated cities, police response to alarm calls is so poor
> that the value of the service is questionable.

By the time the alarm wakes you up, you get out of the house, wake up a
neighbor nad get the use of their phone to call the fire department, a
monitored system would have them on the way.

Around here quite a few of our customers are seasonal folks who are
primarily interested in fire and freeze protection while they are away
but even year-round folks like the idea that when they are at work or on
vacation, should anything happen they will at least know right away and
the house won't be standing open until they get home.

Granted... the signs and stickers only work with the crooks who can read...