Re: Radioncs 9112 lockcode

 >Do they actually give you the back door code in class, or just tell you
that it exists?
They do actually give the codes and positions in RPS class. Then they say
"you might think you saw the codes here but you actually didn't". It is not
as simple as a single entry either. You know there is a difference in the
data lock code and the position it occupies in the data lock field as to how
it works (since there are 50 entries), you know the reprogramming and non
reprogramming deal.
> Personally, I think if the customer owns the panel, then any Bosch dealer
> should be able to default it and reprogram it.  Bosch disagrees.
I think there are many folks at Bosch that agree with you that it is your
panel and you should be able to default it. Perhaps that is why the
information "leaks" out and Bosch doesn't put the hammer down to stop it. So
armed with that knowledge you could take over an account but in our state
there is some rule now (or in the works shortly) that you can't lock in a
customer. If a customer wants to change I say let them go and now the state
does too! Most of the time I am itching to get rid of a customer more than
they are me, I guess I enjoy "firing" a customer in some perverse way,
mostly it is seeing the shocked look on their face. I guess ADT has their
lawyers give you a call to tell you how much time you have left on your
contract. Some customers you can never seem to get rid of. There is one guy
we thought we got rid of. He went to eight alarm companies and then came
back. Good customers are getting harder to find. I guess that is why we do
mostly large commercial stuff.
I have never experienced a dead lithium battery in a panel yet so I have not
brushed up against that problem. (Or maybe I have and just too stupid to
realize it and thought it was a bad panel). The only dead lithum battery I
have found was in a D5200 and like an idiot I sent it back to find that out
because I never thought to check it before I sent it back for repair. The
symptoms were a screen full of ZZZZZZs when it powered up.
You are correct that datalock was originally developed at the requerst of
larger national account type customers. ADT despite everything is still the
number one volume customer for Bosch.