Re: Radioncs 9112 lockcode

The guy in the original post sounded a bit confused but he might be legit.
If you've been to RPS class they tell you about the unlock code. It is not a
secret. The bad guys already know about it. I didn't say what the code was
or where to put it or fully explain the process. Why not let the good guys
that don't know about it yet find out. Once they know it exists they can go
through proper channels to find out the particulars if they need to unlock a
panel. If they're the bad guy they'll keep guessing. Bosch panels end up in
some pretty high security areas. If you've data locked a panel and think it
is bullet-proof I think it is important to know that there is a way to
defeat it. I just explained that there is a hole in the data lock feature
and how it came to be. You might rely too much on data lock when you should
actually do more to protect the panel and its data from attack. I was trying
to be helpful to those concerns. I didn't rat out anything here.

"Technograms" from Bosch these days usually mean you're going to have to go
out and yank some panels or reprogram something. It is doing Bosch work for
free (or almost free - they give you a $75.00 CREDIT when you have to swap a
panel). We did panel swaps at about 30 locations in the past 12 months (GV2
panels) TWICE! Boy, that really inspires confidence from a customer when you
have to swap his new panel twice in less than a year. I really hate to see
Technograms.