Re: Driveway Alarm Module?

"Bob Sisson" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4559bebe$0$26927$9a6e19ea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks for all the replies...
>
> I found two different technologies.
>
> Loop sensors that require a caw-cut loop in the road surface and Probe sensors that can be anywhere with in 14'  of the vehicle
> path, possibly buried next to it.
>
> I was HOPING to use the probe type sensors on an advanced loop module as they can also determine DIRECTION if you have 2 loops.
>
> Unfortunately, you cannot mix the two technologies.

That is not correct, Bob.  You can indeed use directional probes with sevveral of the residential systems.  These are in fairly
common use.

> I will have to devise my own direction logic "kludge" to use the probes.

Not necessary.  Here's the Cartell solution.

"Two systems: CP-2 and CT-2B. Bury two CP-2 self-contained systems ten feet apart and parallel with the driveway. Run each cable
back to your home automation/security panel. At the panel, connect their white data lines together and you make a directional
system. Also, when you use two CT-2B control units and two CT-6 probes and hook them up to a CT-8A annunciator, you can make a
pulsing tone when the vehicle passes one probe and a steady tone when it passes the other probe, making a directional system."

Following is Sure Action's solution:

"Sure Action 212 Processor -- Sure Action's Directional Probe Processor for Use with Model P8000 probe provides an installer with
flexibility. By installing this processor and probe (sold separately), an installer can have lights turn on and a chime sound when a
car enters a driveway, but only have the lights turn on as the car leaves the home. Or a gate may be triggered to open. The
directional probe can also be used on long driveways to trigger lights so that only sections of the driveway are lit as a car enters
and leaves."
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_12586_detailed.htm

> WHY direction you ask...
>
> On INCOMING I want to light lights, record
> 30 seconds of video, chime inside and a bit more..
>
> On OUTGOING I want to close garage doors,
> if dark wait 2 min and then turn off lights,
> No chime, etc...

This is a fairly common application.

--

Regards,