Re: Driveway Alarm Module?

Thanks for all the replies...

I found two different technologies.

Loop sensors that require a caw-cut loop in the road surface and Probe
sensors that can be anywhere with in 14'  of the vehicle path, possibly
buried next to it.

I was HOPING to use the probe type sensors on an advanced loop module as
they can also determine DIRECTION if you have 2 loops.

Unfortunately, you cannot mix the two technologies.

I will have to devise my own direction logic "kludge" to use the probes.

WHY direction you ask...

On INCOMING I want to light lights, record 30 seconds of video, chime inside
and a bit more..

On OUTGOING I want to close garage doors, if dark wait 2 min and then turn
off lights, No chime, etc...

Bob